October 05, 2011

Keepin' It Real

There are so many reality shows on TV now it's ridiculous. I don't get why they are so popular. Because we are told they are? Because they come in so many flavors? They are so scripted and fake (gasp!) that the storylines are laughably easily to see.

What I find the most insulting is the premise that I am supposed to watch over-privileged people who are famous only because they're on TV, not because they were anybody important already. Self-fulfilling.

Watching the show puts loads money into the pockets of (usually) already wealthy people. Payouts can range from $40,000 per episode to $280,000 a year!

Unfortunately I am unable to remove and not pay for just the stations airing this garbage or I lose thew ones I actually like.

Fortunately most of these people end up consumed and dumped because of their greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment