August 04, 2011

Tiny Reminders

Years ago when I was working as the 'anything with a plug' tech guy for a non-profit I started a newsgroup on our server titled "Ramblings Of A Madman". Being the IT Manager (among other things) I ran the server and learned to dislike and mistrust computers, or maybe just Windows. I decided to make the change to a Mac to have some peace of mind.

I went to a Mac store and got one spec'd out. I was pretty excited. Then I got the quote. $4,800.00! Not including the Adobe software I needed. Since I could build a faster PC myself with software for $2,100.00 it was a no-brainer. I just wasn't into paying more than double for an elitist attitude. The way I was dealt with felt like they were doing me a favor by letting me buy something from them. Give me a break, it wasn't a Lamborghini store!

No comments:

Post a Comment